Electrical Safety Tips In The Bedroom
You may not realise this, but the room you spend the most time in everyday is the bedroom! Most people will spend up to 12,000 days in bed – so it makes sense to keep your bedroom as electrically safe as possible!
Here are some of our tips to stay safe:
- Don’t throw clothes in a pile at the end of the bed, as you are potentially creating an enormous fire hazard! Clothes are not only very flammable, they can also potentially block an exit route!
- Don’t charge mobiles or tablets etc. on your bed or under your pillow as they could overheat and cause a fire.
- Make sure that you aren’t overloading extension leads or your wall sockets.
- Make sure you have a smoke alarm fitted on every level of your home. This means that if a fire starts upstairs in your bedroom, it will give you a better chance to get out safely.
- Make sure you replace any electric blankets when needed if you see any signs of wear and tear. Electric blankets can be the main cause of fires in the bedroom.
If you think you have any issues regarding electrical safety in the bedroom area of your house, or any other areas please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us here at East West Electrical in Edinburgh. We can offer FREE no obligation quotations and sometimes just offer free advice on the phone when necessary.